Updates!

6/2/08- I am starting the site back up. I have no writers, but if you are interested, email me and I will set you up. Thank you.

2/20/08-
I was unable to do the podcast, but it should be up by next Sunday...

2/14/08-
Markolo and I [Drackthor] will be doing a podcast this week. I am trying to find a way to put it on iTunes. If you want to email us, we will answer on the show. My email is: drackthor@gmail.com

2/1/08-
New writer, Soniclock, will be writing a weekly Warlock article. Play nice and comment!

1/26/08
- We have a new writer, Waffulz, who will be writing the Druid column! He is very proficient and is easily one of the best Druids in my guild.

1/16/08- Libram column has been added. Stay tuned!

12/23/07- Thokkan has taken over the Hunter column, and will now be writing in my stead

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Art of the Bow and Arrow: Marksman Soloing


Hello everyone! Welcome back for more information on the Hunter! This week I will write a guide on how to PvE and how to Solo with a Marksmanship Hunter. Well for starters we know that your pet is NOT going to be able to hold the Aggro since you now have really good DPS. I never do this but if you don’t want the enemy to get close to you I would use frost trap which will slow them down and then I would just shoot him, but since I never do that I’ll tell you what I do. I set down an explosive trap, and I send the pet in to tank for the short amount of time that he can. Then I start off by using concussive shot, and then steady for that extra boost of damage. After that I would probably have taken the aggro from my pet. In case this happens I tend to use wing clip to slow them down a little bit while I kite them around. While kiting I will use shots such as concussive shot, arcane shot, multi-shot, I won’t use steady shot or aimed shot because it takes too long to cast it while kiting. And that’s basically what I do when I solo normal mobs. Moving onto Instances. When in an instance I will pull aggro from the tank from time to time due to high DPS. Which is a bad thing to do. When in an istance I try to keep my DPS to a minimum. I got myself a really nice mod that will show how much threat I am causing through my attacks. That mod is called Omen Threat Meter which can be obtained at wowui.incgamers.com now that I have this mod I try to keep my DPS down because it will alert me when I am about to pass the aggro on the tank. While in an instance I will use my shots in the following order: concussive shot, steady shot, arcane shot, aimed shot, serpent sting, aimed shot, multi-shot. Then I just repeat the process once I finish doing that. And by the way, I am not marksmanship anymore, I have a new tree build of 41/13/7. But I am going to respec again soon. I went to BM again so I could help a few people. Waffulz doesn’t like me as a MM Hunter because I beat him =D, but the new spec I am going to switch to is both great for damage and crits. Well this is all I got for this week. Come back for more next time.

No comments: